Partner / Lawyer
Joachim Schmidt is a specialist in construction and real estate law. He specializes in project development, residential and commercial tenancy law, real estate agent and property developer law as well as residential property law. Increasingly, he also accompanies private investments in residential real estate. He advises companies, private owners, property managers, project developers, property developers and estate agents.
Main areas of practice:
- Advice and assistance in commercial lease contract negotiations
- Conversion of apartment buildings into condominiums
- Advice on the conclusion of property purchase agreements
- Private portfolio management, administration of private property
- Lecturer at the Real Estate Academy of the IRE|BS International Real Estate Business School in Eltville, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich and Düsseldorf.
- Arbitrator at the German Permanent Court of Arbitration for Residential Property in Berlin.
- Head of the Strategy Commission of the Conseil européen des professions immobilières in Brussels (CEPI), (8 years until 2012).
- Speaker at the Association of Property Managers of Baden-Württemberg (VDIV-BW)
- Co-founder and speaker of the Association of Property Managers Hessen (VDIVH)
- Speaker of the German Real Estate Association (IVD)
- Euroforum speaker
- Honorary member and president (2000-2006) of the DDIV, the umbrella organisation of German property managers, Berlin (now VDIV)
- Member of the Society for Real Estate Research (gif), Wiesbaden
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Real Estate Academy of the IRE|BS International Real Estate Business School in Eltville, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich and Düsseldorf.
- Member of the Frankfurt Bar Association
- Member of the Club des Affaires de la Hesse, Frankfurt
- Lawyer and partner at ebl factum rechtsanwälte I notare, Frankfurt (since 2013)
- Partner Schmalz Lawyers, Frankfurt, (2002-2013)
- Partner, Wessing Berenberg-Gossler Zimmermann Lange (1993-2002)
- Research assistant at the Justus Liebig University of Gießen
- Admission to the bar (1978)
- Studied law and (intermediate diploma) economics, Albert Ludwig University, Freiburg
- Born in Mülheim/ Ruhr
- Co-editor of the “New Journal for Tenancy and Housing Law” (NZM)
- Author of the book “Gewerbeimmobilien vermieten & verwalten”, wrs Verlag
- Author in: Schulte / Kühling / Servatius / Stellmann (Ed.), Real Estate Economics II, Oldenbourg Verlag Munich
- Author in: Schulte / Pierschke, Facilities Management, Verlag Rudolf Müller Cologne