Dr. Jürgen Breitenstein
Partner / Lawyer
Dr. Jürgen Breitenstein specializes in commercial and corporate law and labor law. He accompanies entrepreneurs and companies on a long-term basis as a “trusted in-house attorney” from the establishment, financing, restructuring measures and pledging of shares up to restructuring measures and company succession. In addition, he represents private individuals in their position as shareholders, mainly in GmbH, KG and GbR. He advises on disputes, the purchase and sale of companies, especially medical practices, or the closure of production plants. In commercial law, his focus is on the drafting of contracts, including general terms and conditions, distribution law including online trading, the implementation of European law requirements such as most recently then GDPR and the Geo-Blocking Directive. His clients include companies from the automotive supplier industry, manufacturers of leisure and sports equipment, medical devices and electronic products, personnel service providers, fitness center operators as well as press and publishing companies.
Dr. Jürgen Breitenstein advises companies across all industries on employment law issues such as reorganizations, reconciliation of interests and social compensation plans. He is also at home in the law of associations and represents non-profit GmbHs and associations of the education sector, health care and tourism. He is active across borders and advises foreign companies with subsidiaries in Germany on distribution law, changes in ownership of shares and the entry or withdrawal of shareholders.
He is an expert in compliance issues and holds seminars for managers and directors on the topics of manager liability and compliance.
- Specialist attorney for labor law since 1993
- Member of the German Bar Association
- Member of the scientific association for corporate and company law (VGR)
- Speaker on the topics of manager liability and compliance
- Lawyer and partner at ebl factum rechtsanwälte I notare, Frankfurt (since 2013)
- Partner Schmalz Attorneys at Law, Frankfurt, (from 2002 to 2013)
- Partner, Wessing (now Taylor Wessing) (1998-2002)
- Partner, Aretz Schmalz Weber Böning Lawyers, Frankfurt, (1991-1998)
- Associate Albert Flad Schloßhahn, Frankfurt (today Mayer Brown) (1986-1990)
- Dr. jur. 1987
- Admission to the bar (1986)
- Law studies, Justus Liebig University, Gießen
- Born in Bad Homburg
Further contact persons
Insurance law, Labor law, Medical Law
Commercial and corporate law, Labor law, Notary's office, Real estate law and law of succession
Commercial and corporate law, Labor law